Chez Terez Adornments

Dec 31, 2011

High Tea Holidays

High Tea with Hailey


Mamacat and I made our annual pilgrimage to the Heathman Hotel for holiday tea:

Terez by the Tree

It might be after December 25th but the decorations were just as lovely, and the real tree we were seated near scented the air delightfully.

Treat Tower
The menu didn't change too much this year--old friends: opera cakes, scones with marscapone cheese, smoked salmon and chicken salad and cucumber sandwiches were back. As were our favorite treats, the mini jam and honey jars:


Mini Marmalade


We had to box up the top layer of desserts and bring it home.


Pink Dishes and Pearls


My niece is just old enough to be enchanted by the idea of a tea party. We decided to have our own this morning, complete with jam sandwiches, shredded wheat biscuits and tangerines:


Tea for Three

Lily Belle isn't quite ready to drink out of her own cup but next year I predict we'll have another one at our table.

Cheers!


XO and happy new year!


Terez



1 comment:

  1. I love high tea!! And this looks like it was a lovely one! How fun that you get to do it every time!

    Also I tried to reply to your comment on my blog a Blond Quilts but you came up as a no reply blogger. I was going to ask you though if you were a member of the Boston Modern Quilt Guild and could recommend some fabric shops!

    ReplyDelete