Chez Terez Adornments

Jul 20, 2011

Hot Like Fire

Thermometer Still Life

What? Don't you keep your thermometer in an abandoned Lady Buxton jewelry box with random photos from your childhood, Wizard of Oz Dolls and antique licorice tins?

In case you didn't know, we're into the second full month of summer, and this is one of the two critical points during the year when it is miserable to live in Boston. The humidity is high, the mercury is higher and tempers are short. (The other time starts March 1st and goes straight through the Spring Equinox. The last three+ weeks of slush, sleet, ruined shoes, frozen fingers and pilly wools sweaters...ugh. But we're New Englanders. We're hardy people.)

In short, this is why I've been on crafting hiatus. It's just too hot. I can't go into the studio. It's 90 degrees in there, at night time.
 
Thankfully, I did add to my stained-glass curtain a few weeks ago to give my full-West facing kitchen window some additional protection from the direct rays of the setting sun:

Stained Glass Curtain 100% More Free!
I lined it with white felt and pinned it up--the shade and gentle colors it bestows on my kitchen space is very welcome indeed. Now it is so big I wonder if I shouldn't just back it, bind it and turn it into a quilt. Maybe in the fall when it's not too-darned-hot.

I do have another little crafty project I'm preparing, here's a hint:

China Fair Shade Sticks: $3.99 for 200

If you've been perusing the craft blogosphere you can probably guess their fate. I'm determined to work on them this weekend--but it will involve a hot glue gun, and it's supposed to hit close to 100 on Friday and Saturday, so crafting might have to wait.

Until then, stay hydrated.

XO Terez

No comments:

Post a Comment