Chez Terez Adornments

Jan 17, 2012

Old Shale Update

Progress

It's been slow going, this Old Shale scarf I'm working on. With the 18 stitch repeat, I've got 54 stitches I have to pay attention to. The first three sittings I ended up ripping out most of my stitches, despite the stitch markers. Then I finally got smart:


Life Line

See that white thread? It's a lifeline. Literally.

I read a tip somewhere out in blogland (I'm sorry, I can't remember where) that for complicated wavy knit patterns, you can save yourself a lot of grief if you pull a needled and thread through a row you are certain is correct. Right next to the needle, under the loops. That way, if you do mess up, you only need to rip out to the thread.

Needling It

I pulled one of Mamacat's doll needles from her pin cushion while I was home, and use a double strand of Perle cotton as a place holder. The funny thing is, since applying the fail safe, I haven't had to use it yet. {knock on wood}.

Step Back, Review

Every night I do about 12 rows. At this rate I'll finish when the spring equinox hits, but that's ok. This piece is more about the journey, not the destination.

XO! Terez

1 comment:

  1. I love projects that are about the journey! BTW, you rock! <3

    ReplyDelete