Chez Terez Adornments

Jan 21, 2012

Seven Sparrows

Family of Seven


::Today was our first real snowfall-that-stuck of the winter season. We've had a fairly mild winter--most of my scarves and mittens have stayed in storage, and there have only been a few days when my eyeballs felt like they were freezing in my head. I needed to get a few things from Coolidge Corner this afternoon so I bundled up and headed into the storm.

My neighborhood is filled with folks who keep their bird feeders well stocked, year round. Excellent for the birds, not so great for the skunk that lives somewhere in my hood nor the squirrels who frolic on my roof when I'm trying to sleep. {Well, good for them, but not for me!}

I stumbled upon a bird feeder hidden behind a sparse hedge up the street and came upon about 50 house sparrows buzzing and flapping and flinging themselves through the snow and each other to get to a full container of seed.

To the right of the feeder was a simple garden urn, with seven sparrows standing sentinell 'round the rim. I hoped they'd stay still so I could pull my camera from my pocket and take their photo, but they flittered away. I stood very still, and they came back. I kept snapping away and after about 50 shots I got the one above. Good thing because two frames later the neighbor woman opened her front door to get her mail and they all fluttered away.

I love the number seven. There are seven people in my family immediate family. It's always represented a symbol of love and hope for me. I'll take these little darlings as a sign of good things to come.

Happy New Year!

Stay warm!

XO Terez

And Cut!

PS here are the little guys one frame later, breaking their mark. I love the little guy hidden in the lattice under the porch. Can you see his little head peeking out?

No comments:

Post a Comment