Chez Terez Adornments

Mar 27, 2011

LollyCake Ladies

Cake Chick
Ooooh I am thrilled to tell you about a new (ish) venture undertaken by my friend Marielle and her cousin, Jen. I have a hint for you. It involves cake, buttercream frosting, chocolate and sprinkles. And it tastes really, really good. And it comes individually wrapped on a stick!

Last summer our mutual friend, Grandma Rue, offered me a delicious bite of cake bliss after dinner one night.

"What in the heck is this? I love it!" I said.

"It's a LollyCake, my friend Marielle makes them."

Easter Egg Cakes
A few dinners and a few samples later, I knew I needed to see Marielle and learn more about what this was about.

With two brisk cups of Irish Breakfast tea and the studio table cleaned off, Marielle unpacked her bags and spread out her creations:

Welcome Spring LollyCake Assortment
We then got down to business and she shared her story with me.

Last year Marielle and her cousin Jen, both of the South Shore, made a batch of cake truffles for a family gathering. Everyone oohed and ahhed and they were quite the hit, a couple of folks wondered if they took orders. It sort of snowballed from there and before they knew it, Marielle and Jen were fulfilling orders for birthdays, showers, kid parties, family gatherings, etc.

Here's the thing. These are cute (so cute) and they taste really, really good. No lipservice here!

The LollyCake Ladies are open for custom orders; traditional chocolate and vanilla are always on hand. I've had the Oreo and I think that might be my favorite (although I'm waiting for a peanut butter sample, hint, hint). They have a full listing of flavors and decorating ideas on their website here.

LollyCake Bunnies

Marielle said that kids looooove these, obviously, because they are so cute and taste so good. Moms and dads love them because they are a smaller, portion-controlled bit of deliciousness they can feed the kids without worrying they'll overdo it on a regular cake. Party guests love them and are quick to grab their favorite favor and enjoy on the spot or save for later.

If you are in the Boston South Shore area or in Boston-proper, give the LollyCakes Ladies a call. You won't be disappointed.

Sprinkle-Spring LollyCake
XO!! Terez

No comments:

Post a Comment