Chez Terez Adornments

Apr 24, 2011

Hamtastic

Brookline Bunny

After yesterday's gloom this morning's sunshine was a welcome visitor, even if the stay was brief. The Easter Bunny was busy visiting my little flock on the West Coast so I took the opportunity to blow the two rolls of quarters burning a hole in my pocket and to clean things up around here with a visit to the laundry mat:

Laundry Bar

Living in a turn-of-the-century apartment is charming; one is seduced by crown moldings and wainscotting and big windows and built-ins until one realizes that washers and dryers were not in the design plan for buildings erected in the early 1900s. And one lives on the third floor. On the top of a hill.

Granny Cart Three Bags Full

I've lived in Boston nearly eight years and I haven't had laundry in my apartment or building for seven of them. My secret to staying sane? A six week supply of underwear, socks, t-shirts, dishtowels, one granny cart and three LL Bean Large Boat and Totes to haul it all with.

Other Mother's Dishtowels

I can usually tell how long it's been since I've done all the washing by how tall the dishtowel pile is when I'm done folding. The Other Mother has been embroidering days-of-the-week towels for me for a few years and I use a new one every day or two. What's the point in having fantastic linens made by a dear friend if you don't use them? Exactly.

Swirl, Suds and Swoosh

All of that washing and folding and hauling and putting away-ing helped me build up quite the appetite for my Easter Dinner with Grandma Rue's family (Carando Ham supplied by Chez Terez). Combine that dining experience with my KimKitch family visit (Taylor Ham supplied by Chez Terez) the day  before and you can chalk up this weekend to being ham-tastic.

17 Dollars and 25 Cents Later
I'm pooped but in a happy-I'm-so-lucky way: when you live far, far away from your family it is priceless to have dear friends to celebrate the holidays with. And it's even better to have friends that will let you take the ham bone home (next post hint: homemade split pea soup with ham, yesss!)

XO Happy Easter, Terez

2 comments:

  1. And no wisdom teeth removal to bring down the ham experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was epic! And sad. And what a waste of delicious Honey Baked Brand Ham on my part!

    ReplyDelete