Chez Terez Adornments

Apr 9, 2011

Sunrise at Hall's Pond

Watching

Here it Comes!

Morning Constitutional


Breakfast Forage

Morning News Swap

Rest Your Weary Wings


Friday morning, Opening Day at Fenway, found me wide awake at 4 a.m. Local news coverage of the Sox and Fenway Park started at 5 and by 5:30 I gave up all hope of going back to sleep and was in my Sox gear, just waiting and watching all of the updates on the revamped park, including a sushi bar (?!) and three giant flat screens where the Jumbotron used to be. We're nearing the start of my eighth year in Beantown. I have the amazing opportunity to do work on a few charity collaborations with the Sox and I work within spitting distance of the park, so I suppose the transition from transplant into mega fan was just a matter of time.

At 6:45 I was too excited to stay home, so I headed out and picked up an extra-large french vanilla, regular, from Dunkin', and paid a visit to my feathered friends at Hall's Pond. I only intended to stroll by but the birds were going crazy at 7:15, urging the sun to rise with their pips and chirps and caws. I decided the Sox can wait, the office will still be there at 8 a.m. and when nature is putting on such a to-do you don't dismiss it. I parked it on the beautiful stone bench and watched the birds watch the sun and then waddle around hunting for their breakfast in the grass. A terrific start to a beautiful day that ended with the first Sox win of the season, thank goodness.

Oh yeah, and I got my first hot dog of the season!


CC and Terez at the Sausage King, Landsdowne Street

Let's go Red Sox!
XO Terez

No comments:

Post a Comment