Chez Terez Adornments

Oct 17, 2010

Look what I found

As I continue with my obsession with All Things Vintage in the sewing department, I had to share my most recent acquisition:

The trifecta: vintage Singer 301, antique wooden sewing
basket and chaise lounge in my sewing corner



You are probably wondering, what in the heck is that magnificent piece of furniture?

You might recognize her a little bit more easily if you see her in her buttoned up form:

Sewing box closed up

But I like her better with her red underpinnings showing!



She's a vintage sewing box with beautiful curvy legs and a sturdy handle. I ordered her on Tuesday when my $33 of birthday money (one dollar for every year!) was burning a hole in my pocket. I found her on the superb etsy site LookwhatIfound.    I ordered her Tuesday and by Friday night she was waiting at my door, beautifully packaged with clear directions on how to put her back together (legs don't travel so well!). As I was following the careful handwritten directions, putting each screw back into place, I kept hearing little bits rolling around in the drawers.

I figured it was more screws or hardware.

I was wrong.

I opened the drawers and started unwrapping the bits of tissue and tape and found to my extreme delight--bits of vintage beads and baubles in each drawer. Each bit of tissue unfolded to a squeal of delight--vintage glass, lucite, shell, crystal, jars, vials~it was as if the dear seller knew I would love and appreciate these items as a jewelry designer:

Vintage beads and baubles

A wonderful example of a seller going above and beyond. A good lesson to learn as I prepare for my holiday bazaar. Please visit her store!

XO Terez

1 comment:

  1. Treasures in the chest! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete