Chez Terez Adornments

Dec 18, 2010

Flock to Audubon Circle

Cardinal and the Clock Tower

When my office moved to Kenmore Square my commute shifted and started taking me through Audubon Circle just over the Brookline line in Boston where Park Drive and Beacon Street meet. Right about that time something spectacular was installed but I didn't notice it right away.

Robin

It took some time for me to "look up" but eventually I noticed some interested birds perched on the lamp posts.

Heron and Swan

Swans, crows, robins, herons, cardinals, humming birds, a swallow, and a hawk perch on 20 lamp posts throughout the intersection and spin ever so slowly in the wind (each is on an axis).  

Hummingbird

The silhouettes are around two feet wide and thirty inches high and were inspired by the circle’s namesake, the Audubon Society.


Heron

Part of a public art commission for the city of Boston, the installation was created by the sculptor Mark Favermann and dedicated in 2005.


Crow


I still haven't spotted the hawk or swallow: more birding to be done.



XO Terez

No comments:

Post a Comment