Chez Terez Adornments

Dec 13, 2010

My fine feathered friends

King of the Hill
I was running late this morning after a visit to the Verizon Store with a phone that was fatally injured in a freak accident by a falling window shade at 1 a.m. this morning and I was mad, irritated  and stressed to the max.

I hopped off the T to make my way to the office when I spied a flutter of brown out of the corner of my eye in the bushes:

Sing a Song of Six Birds
I stopped mid-stride and they all patiently watched me. Their little eyes seemed to say, "Slow down. It's a beautiful day. We're here."

I moved as close as only five feet from them and still they stayed on their various perches. Pulling my camera out of my bag, I willed them to hold still. I think they heard my thoughts because I was able to capture this:

Three Little Birds

And finally this:

And Then There Was One
The day was a much better one with that experience to reflect on.

Here's to moments that stop us in our tracks and remind us to breathe.

XO TEREZ

No comments:

Post a Comment