Chez Terez Adornments

Feb 21, 2011

Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut

Two Halves of the Same Whole
I'm coming off a few weeks that feel the the movie Groundhog Day.

Work, eat, sleep, entertain, travel, repeat. I don't see the word "craft" or "create" in there. Hmmm.

This weekend I was unexpectedly out of town so the craft studio remained empty over the three-day holiday, boo! It's ok, though, it's still there waiting for me and my long flights left me time to brainstorm a few ideas I want to execute.

First up: those cute little nutshells above. When HH was in town I found unshelled walnuts at Polcari's in the North End for $3.50 a pound. We picked out 15 nuts that looked that they might pop in half with a little coaxing.

One paring knife and 10 minutes later, we lost five shells to the cause and ended up with ten perfect pairs.

I've seen a few ideas for these treasure boxes from nature:

Baby cradle ornament
Pirate ship
Money box
Inspiration box
Hinged treasure box
Secret message container
Tiny candle holder

I'll let you know what I decide on.

XO Terez

No comments:

Post a Comment