Chez Terez Adornments

Feb 22, 2011

Winter Blooms to the Rescue

Extreme Close-Up

Yes, yes, I should know better. When the New England mercury hit 60 degrees on Friday, I was ready to swap my wool for cotton and ditch the puffy Tootsie-Roll Coat.

Not so fast, my friends. Mother Nature is such a tease sometimes. The 60 degrees did us good: it melted snow piles that were shoulder-high to hip- or knee-high, and I finally, truly, stopped worring about my roof caving in. But in someways it was a cruel break before today's face-numbing-in-the-teens-wind-chill lows.

At least the sun has been making scattered appearances, hurrah! Yesterday's rays gave me the chance to experiment with my new camera and the Extreme Focus mode (as evidenced above by the teeny, tiny flower blown up to mega proportions) with the plant HH and I picked up last week:
Actual Size

Nothing like a pretty pink flower in a pretty pink pot to perk up the dog days of winter.

XOXO Terez

2 comments:

  1. I think that is why Valentine's Day was invented....so we could have pretty blooms in place for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Deb! And even if it is a "Hallmark" holiday, I'll take any excuse to spread good cheer, bright colors and love around.

    ReplyDelete