Chez Terez Adornments

Nov 27, 2010

Printing press: on a Chez Terez scale

Do It Yourself! [2000 PLUS stamp kit]
I can't pinpoint when my love of type and letters began.

I think it may have been when I learned to read the "Sam" books in Mr. Thompson's preschool class:

Sam the Lion from the Sam Books

Sam the Lion had a friend named Mat (one T!) the Mouse and another named Sis the Snake. [An aside: my baby brother is named Matt and his best friend is Sam and my brothers and nephews and niece all call me Sis. Go figure]. I just called Mamacat to ask her about the Sam Books and guess what? You can download them all online for free.

I digress.

I love print. I love printing. I love arranging letters and impressing them literally on the paper. Hence my love of typewriters: 


Olympia Deluxe typewriter from HH

And gold foiled gummed letters:



Gold foiled gummed letters
During my highschool hey-day I decided to start self publishing a Zine using my dad's blue Smith Corona, clip art and Kinkos called Aseret Pages. I wish, how I wish I would have saved a copy. I even listed in in Fact Sheet 5 for all you zine-sters out there.

This blog sort of takes the place of Aseret Pages, I suppose.  I love how easily I can share photos and ideas and call up Mamacat and ask her did she see my latest project but it is electronic and kind of ephemeral and not permanent like print. But that's ok. Because for my other insta-print needs I'd like to introduce you to:

2000 Plus DO-IT-YOURSELF TRADITIONAL STAMP KIT:


2000 Plus DO-IT-YOURSELF TRADITIONAL STAMP KIT

It comes with two stamp blocks: one for one line (perfect for a website or blog address) and one with five lines (perfect for a return address or mini message).

Blog stamp
I've started stamping my packages and envelopes with it and it is verrrrry satisfying.
Stamp with purpose!
And for longer messages there's always the Olympia Deluxe Pink Typewriter:

Longer messages

 XO Terez

No comments:

Post a Comment