Chez Terez Adornments

Nov 28, 2010

Sunday morning and the Christmas Eggs

Celtic stained glass heart from SewardStreetStudios on Etsy
Oooh how I love Sunday mornings. Especially brilliantly sunny Sunday mornings when the temperature outside is falling and I can snuggle deeply into the down and drift off for a few extra minutes.

Eventually I drag myself to my favorite chair: le chaise lounge:

My first grown-up furniture purchase!
Nestled right against the living-room radiator it reminds me of napping in front of Mamacat and HH's wood stove back home. It even makes the same clink-clunk-clanks as the metal expands and retracts with the blasts of hot steam and when it settles in after cooling off.

I finally made my way to the kitchen to get ready for Challah-Bailey's-French-Toast brunch guest of honor the Fabulous Anne T and to whip up some pumpkin-walnut-cranberry bread for a later visit with C &P across town. I opened my eggs and came across this:
Christmas eggs!
Well, no, they really weren't staged like that, that WOULD have been a miracle, but yes, they were stamped with little dates, Dec. 24. Hurrah! Puts me in the spirit already.  Hope your Thanksgiving weekend-kick-off-to-the-holiday was wonderful.

XO Terez

 

No comments:

Post a Comment