Chez Terez Adornments

Jan 23, 2011

Crafty Valentine-ing

Valentine Mandala

The Norwegian Knitter joined me for a spot of Valentine Crafting before the windchill became to unbearable to make visiting impossible (or at least highly undesirable). We settled in at Chez Terez  and let ourselves become one with the chaotic-craft-plosion that is the back room. After a delightful brunch of chocolate and apricot croissants from Clear Flour (one upside about the cold weather: no line at the bakery!) we got to work.

Star/Heart
I finished doodling on the the 12" block of SafetyKut rubber and came of up with a few variations on hearts, points, bursts and stars. I love the Valentine Mandala (first photo)--it was taken from a section of a large doily I picked up yesterday. I also love the tiny Heartburst, from a different area on that same giant doily:

Heartburst
The Queen of Hearts wasn't such a bad task master:

Queen of Hearts tea towel by the Other Mother
And Alice was encouraging us to drink lots of warm liquids to keep up our energy, including an amazing elixir the Norwegian Knitter concocted from lemon, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger and honey to help kick the last of Super Head Cold 2011.

Drink Me
My carvings aren't quite all-the-way-finished but I couldn't wait to press out some test prints. Don't they look full of passion and heat in the afternoon sun on my hissing radiator?

Through the Looking Glass
Now the Chez Terez State of Affairs is in a much more Valentine State of Mind. I love it.

Chez Terez State of Affairs Valentine Style
Stay tuned I've got plenty of more love-ly tricks up my sleeve.

XO Terez

2 comments: