Chez Terez Adornments

Jan 9, 2011

Sunset Scarf


Sunset Scarf Start
Yoweee it's been a long month already, and it's only the 9th day of January. December 29 I started feeling a bit off-- a sore throat late in the day--and 10 days later I'm only starting to feel like I have completely shaken off Head Cold 2011. Sinus infection, conjunctivitis, hacking cough--I'm looking at you over my shoulder and telling you to not dare come near me again.

All that time stuck on the couch gave me three things: a renewed love of day time soap operas, an overdose of Zaftigs Matzo Ball Chicken Soup and time to stare at my yarn stash long enough to want to untangle it, line everything up and plan my next creation. This is what I came up with:

Pattern
I grouped all of my Lamb's Pride Bulky together and started playing around with the color spectrum. I wanted something rainbow-ish but not something corny. I picked up a skein of Sunburst Gold while I was in PDX and added to my purple heavy stock, I liked the way it freshened things up. Threw in some shades of rose, fuchsia and red and I was ready to start:

Stockpile
I started with Jack's Plum and will gradient in toward what I think is either Spice or Mulberry (I have long lost the label, for shame) and Fuchsia and then shift gears toward Blue Blood Red, Lotus Pink, Rosada Rose, Rust and then center things with Sunburst Gold. I'll repeat the pattern in reverse from there, ending in Jack's plum.

Progress
I'm a bit further along than the photo above--since then I've added on three more colors--almost to the center! I just finished watching Mr. Darcy and Lizzie Bennet get hitched (BBC marathon version) so I'm ready for a break and to call it a night. Can't wait to resume life in the land of the living again tomorrow.

XO TEREZ

PS GO DUCKS!

PS I'm using circular 10-1/2 needles, cast on 25 stitches and am knitting 25 rows of each color (50 of the center color) in a simple garter stitch. Lamb's Pride Bulky, my favorite yarn.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I love it! So glad that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete