Chez Terez Adornments

Jan 11, 2011

Winter Fishing

Heron at Hall's Pond
 
This morning I cut through the Hall's Pond Sanctuary, waving to the doggies and owners I see from time to time. I walked slowly past the pond because I had a feeling I might get lucky. Yesterday I saw a heron fishing through the ice and I'd wondered if he had stuck around.

He did! I was so thankful to have Mamacat's camera (on loan) so I could snap his photo. Doesn't he look peaceful? (And maybe a bit cold). Good thing I snapped when I did--five frames later his head was in the water looking for breakfast.

I hope he has a warm roost somewhere--we're getting 10-15 inches tomorrow: Blizzard Watch 2011!

XO Terez

1 comment:

  1. I love these birds, especially the white egrets and blue herons. I get so excited when I see them.

    ReplyDelete