Chez Terez Adornments

Jan 17, 2011

Works in Progress: Feb. 21 self imposed deadline!


I <3 Yarn

Those of you who have visited Chez Terez lately have seen my baskets and totes spilling over with yarn, glorious yarn. Since I moved to Boston eight years ago I've been magpie-like at just about every yarn store I've stopped in, seduced by the colors and collecting a couple of a skeins at a time.   Now my couch looks like this:

State of Affairs

But after a Saturday out on the town with the Norwegian Knitter, I have this to add to my stash:

Red, White and Blue: Chez Terez Style

Two Reynold's Blizzard Teal, four Lion's Brand Homespun Candy Apple Red, one Lamb's Pride Bulky Spruce (discontinued! Gasp!) and Lamb's Pride Bulky Red Hot Passion and one Lamb's Pride Burly Spun Aztec Turquoise.

This will make: one scarf, two hats, one prayer shawl and one as of yet unidentified object.

While organizing my yarn last night I realized I have six intense Works In Progress:

1. Double Basket Weave Scarf (1/4 of the way done)
2. Sunset Scarf (1/3 of the way done)
3. Matt's Christmas Scarf (1/2 of the way done)
4. Candy Apple Red watch hat (1/5 of the way done)
5. Seawaves scarf (1/3+ of the way done)
6. Basket Weave Scarf (4/5 of the way done)

Plus I really, really, really want to start on my hand painted Misti Alpaca that I have been hoarding for a year. But that's going to be cabled so it can wait until I am not too intimidated by those needles.

Goal: Finish the above six pieces by the end of President's Day weekend, Feb. 21st. Do you think I can do it?

I have to! Because I'm not allowed to crack into this until I do:

Lamb's Pride Burly Spun
And I really, really, really want to try it out.

I'm also not allowed to go back to the amazing Windsor Button until I do bind a few of those projects off, although Stan and Susan are the nicest proprietors and their shop is my favorite yarn shop in the greater-Boston area, and their selection of Lamb's Pride Bulky and Burly and Malabrigo (I think) is the best in the state:

Waiting For Me
So wish me luck and I'll keep you posted. Knitting with the girls today got me off to a pretty good start.

XO Terez

6 comments:

  1. I sure wish I had your talent, Teresa! All of your projects sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your writing talent, Tassoula! Thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Teresa,

    Are you on Ravelry? Do you know about Ravelry?

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth! I am !! ChezTerez. I haven't quite unlocked the whole power of it yet but I have been using it to find patterns and color ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I would love to hop on a plane and come knit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph you are welcome any time! Maybe when the babies are bigger you can come for a girls long weekend!

    ReplyDelete